Good advice for road cycling
We’ve put together some good advice for people who would like to try road cycling.
How to get started
- Find your motivation to cycle
- Begin with some shorter rides a couple of times a week
- Set yourself some targets for your training
- Find someone to ride together with (you might like to join a cycling club)
- Remember to maintain your equipment properly
- Maintain the traffic rules
- A good bike - buy a good frame, so you can regularly replace the parts
- Always use a helmet
- Use padded cycling tights - they will make your bike ride more comfortable
- Have a spare tube or tyre repair kit with you in case of an accident
- Tyre levers, pump and multi-tool are also necessities.
- Water bottle so you don't dehydrate
This advice was inspired by Henrik Andersen's article on vorespuls.dk “How to get started with road cycling”